SUR Energy: Financing
Short Term Financing
SUR Energy now offers financing bridge loans for all types of installations.
This can be used to get a project underway while a homeowner or business is waiting on financing via home equity loan/ Electric utility rebate/etc.
- These loans are at a low interest rate.
- Terms are negotiable dependent on system size, equipment used, loan term, etc.
- Loans usually are backed by a pending home equity loan/utility rebate or other source of long term financing.
- Occasionally SUR Energy will offer unsecured short term financing on a case-by-case basis. Contact SUR.
Long Term Financing
SUR Energy offers long term loan and tax lease options from $1,000 to $10,000,000 for both residential and commercial renewable energy installations.
Using high quality US made Mage Solar modules with an unparalleled 30 year warranty.
Funding can be up to 100% of system cost. Lessee (property owner) must own installation site.
- Loan option with a 5 to 10 year term.
- $250,000 to $10,000,000 system size.
- Must be to a larger organization (min $10,000,000 in annual sales).
- System owned by lessee.
- Tax lease option; lease in which the lessor (financing firm) retains ownership of system and lessee pays rent for the use of the system.
- Rent for the system will be less than the current electrical costs for the facility.
- Lessor retains tax benefits.
- 5 to 10 year term.
- System size $500,000 to $10,000,000.
- System owned by lessor.
3-6-12-18 Months same as cash (no interest) financing for solar hot water systems.
- Loan is non-secured, so no collateral needed.
- Simple same-day loan approval.
- Customer pays no up-front costs, DTE owns the array.
- Customer gets an up-front payment, and annual payments thereafter for use of the space.
- Proposed projects must be between 100kW-500kW.
- The energy generated by the solar PV system will be separately metered and used by the facility.
- A facility with min. 50,000 square feet of unobstructed rooftop in good condition, or a similarly-sized ground-mount area.
- Nonprofit organization funded by the state of Michigan
- Unsecured loan
- Up to $20,000
- PV or SHW
- Up to 10 year payback period
- Fixed 7.0% interest rate
- Single family owner occupied homes